Saturday, December 5, 2009

First blog!

Hey what's up people. So yeah this is my first blog, ever. Everyone's doing it, so I thought why not give it a shot. It's 2:49 AM right now, Lubbock time. For those of you who don't know where Lubbock is, I congratulate you because apparently you're busy with your life and don't have time to look up the biggest small city in West Texas. I came down here to attend Texas Tech University, a somewhat major university in Texas. Raider Power!

What else

I'm a big city kid. Spent a good 8 years of my life in a small city of Lhokseumawe, Indonesia, then moved to Jakarta to learn the reality of this God-given world. I didn't learn anything back in Lhok, because I was too little. Jakarta is where I grew up. Jakarta opened my eyes. Jakarta taught me life, liberty, and happiness.

Dad got a 3 year assignment to Houston, so I tag along with him. Actually, my whole family tag along with him. Jakarta opened my eyes, but Houston defined me as a young adult. It is in Houston where I learned about cultures, norms, and everything in between. It is in Houston where I learned to balance the American ways, Indonesian ways, and the ways of my Muslim faith. Houston, is where I found myself.

Anyway, enough about me. I'm gonna try to update this blog often. Hopefully.


Until next time

1 comment: